I was previously a Director on the Ads team at Twitter, which grew the Twitter ads business into a multi-billion-dollar revenue engine, helping the company IPO in November 2013. I also co-founded Twitter's Performance Ads (Direct Response) business, helping grow it from zero to massive.
Before Twitter, I was a co-founder at Dasient, an internet security company I co-founded in 2008 and sold to Twitter in 2012. Dasient was backed by leading venture capitalists and its customers included the world's top ad networks, online publishers and financial institutions.
- Twitter (2012-2016)
- Dasient (2008-2012)
- Google (2006-2008)
- University of California, Berkeley (2003-2005)
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay (1999-2003)
- Forbes : "Twitter Acquires Web Security Firm Dasient"
- Huffington Post : "Twitter Buys Dasient Security Startup To Combat Spam"
- New York Times : "Twitter Acquires Second Security Firm in Three Months"
- TechCrunch : "With Self-Serve Ads On The Way, Twitter Adds...."
- Follow @shariqrizvi
- Email: shariq [at] rizvi [dot] org
© 2017 - Shariq Rizvi